Friday, January 23, 2009

Ruby Day Four


Ruby made it home today. It was, like her trip earlier the week (birth), not a trip without difficulties. Her ID bracelet at the hospital had long been lost -- Mai never remembers seeing it, not me since day one -- and the hospital held us up a while as new paperwork was made; meanwhile I found the car battery outside was dead -- the parking garage guy tried and tried and finally got it working ($20 tip) -- and my phone battery was blinking red to send back progress reports to Mai. We finally got out and drove to Ruby's first doctor appointment -- all's good. Ruby didn't seem to care much when I pointed out City Hall, where mama and pops were married, or Brooklyn Bridge or Brooklyn itself. But we all feel glad to be at home, and sleeping by the Eames chair.

1 comment:

  1. Let me just be the first to say on here, "Welcome Home Ruby!"

    Love,
    Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete